Near & Far: Recipes Inspired by Home and Travel
NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author of Super Natural Every Day, Heidi Swanson shares 125 natural foods recipes along with photographs inspired by her life and travels both near (Northern California) and far (Italy, Morocco, France, India, and Japan).
Equal parts recipe journal and photo album, Near & Far focuses on dishes inspired by Heidi Swanson's Northern California kitchen and her many international travels to diverse cities including Marrakech, Tokyo, Paris, Jaipur, Rome, Kyoto, Palermo, New Delhi, and more. In this deeply personal collection, Heidi turns to the series of dog-eared recipe journals she has kept for years--each filled with newspaper clippings, magazine scraps, photos, stamps, receipts, and sticky notes to chronicle details she wants to remember: a paprika-spiked tomato soup in Amsterdam, the pattern of an ancient Italian olive grove she passed on the way to the Bari airport, and the precise way an elderly Vietnamese woman carefully sliced broccoli stems in the back of a grocery in New Zealand. Vegetarian recipes such as Carrot and Sake Salad, Fennel Frond Orzo, Rye Buttermilk Cakes, Harissa Farro, Fresh Ginger Citrus Juice, and Brown Butter Tortelli make use of the healthy, whole foods ingredients and approachable techniques that Heidi's sizable fanbase has come to expect. And photographs taken on location around the world--as well as back home in Heidi's kitchen--reveal the places that inspire her warm and nourishing cooking.
- New York Times: Sunday Book Review
- San Francisco Chronicle: Tips for an Easy, Elegant Holiday Gathering
- San Francisco Chronicle: The Top Cookbooks of 2015
- Epicurious: Four New Cookbooks to Cook From This Fall
- FOOD52: The Ten Best new Fall Cookbooks Worth Making Shelf Space For
- Washington Post: A Cookbook That Will Make You Want To Travel
- Epicurious: 30 Most Exciting Fall Cookbooks, 2015
- The Kitchn: Ten New Cookbooks Everyone is Going to be Talking about this Fall
- Real Simple: Five Cookbooks to Gift Your Holiday Hostess
- Nuovo Magazine: How the Jet Set Cook
- Near & Far on Seven Spoons
- Near & Far via David Lebovitz